Spinach, Mushroom & Shrimp Quesadilla
by Nina | August 19, 2012 8:38 pm
1/2 pound of shrimp peeled & deveined
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 (10 ounce) package chopped spinach
2 cups shredded Chihuahua cheese
5 tablespoons butter
2 cloves garlic, sliced
2 Portobello mushroom caps, sliced
4 (10 inch) flour tortillas
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Rinse shrimp in cool water and place in bowl, season with salt & peper. Warm 1 tablespoon of butter over medium heat until it begins to bubble and turn white. Add shrimp and cook till pink (about 4 minutes on each side).
- Warm 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat until it begins to bubble and turn white. Add spinach and cook until just wilted. Drain and pat dry.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese on one side of each tortilla. Place tortillas cheese side up on baking sheets, and bake 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Melt the 2 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in garlic and mushrooms, and cook about 8 minutes. Mix in spinach and shrimp and continue cooking 2 minutes. Place an equal amount of the mixture on the cheese side of each tortilla. Fold tortillas in half over the filling.
- Heat oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Place quesadillas in the skillet one at a time, and cook 3 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Cut each quesadilla into 4 wedges to serve.
*An NCJ Original*
Source URL: http://ninascookingjourney.com/spinach-mushroom-shrimp-quesadilla/