Anyone who knows me in real life knows I LOVE chocolate. I could probably do without candy like skittles and starbursts but I absolutely have to have chocolate at least a few times a week. So during one of my major cravings I found the recipe for Slutty Brownies and the name had me from jump!
Basically it’s one layer of chocolate chip cookie dough, oreo cookies and brownie mix all baked together to form one deliciously sinful treat. I thought to myself what could be better than three of my favorite desserts together and why didn’t I think of this before!! I know it may seem like cheating since everything is not made from scratch but hey sometimes you need something quick without a lot of fuss. Well I’m glad I found the recipe so I could share it with all of my NCJ Peeps 🙂
Since this was my first time making them I had to “test taste” them right out of the oven and when I tell you they were good…that doesn’t even begin to describe it! Luckily I was by myself because I’m sure me wolfing down that brownie was not a pretty sight. After I realized how good slutty brownies were I knew I had to get them out of the house or else I might eat the whole pan. So I brought them for my friends and coworkers…just sharing the love/calories! The only thing that could have made it more perfect would have been a big bowl of vanilla ice cream. Mmm…maybe I should make just a small pan this weekend 🙂
Yield: 1 9×9 brownie pan
Serving Size: 16 brownies per recipe
For the Brownie layer: 2 packages of Betty Crocker brownie mix prepared according to the package
For the Oreo layer:1 package of Oreo cookies, regular
For the Cookie Dough layer: 2 roles of Nestle Tollhouse cookie dough
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line the bottom of a 9×9 baking pan with tin foil and then spray the tin foil with a layer of baking spray.
- Layer about 3/4 of the cookie dough on the bottom of a 9×9 baking pan, pressing down to form the bottom of the slutty brownies. Feel free to add the remaining dough if you want a thicker layer like I did.
- Layer as many oreos that will fit on top of the cookie dough. No need to overlap. One single layer will do. If the oreos do not fit all the way around the edges of the pay, cut them to fit inside the pan so as much of the cookie dough is covered as possible.
- Pour the brownie batter on top of the oreo layer and make sure it’s evenly layers on top. You might have extra batter so just pour enough so that you end of with a smooth layer on top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. Test with a tooth pick or knife to see if the center is done. If the knife comes out clean, let the brownies rest before serving. If the knife comes out with batter still on it, allow the brownies to bake about 5 minutes more.
- Serve with ice cream 🙂
Source: What’s Gaby Cooking (http://whatsgabycooking.com/slutty-brownies/)