Seafood Linguine with Sun Dried Tomatoes
by Nina | August 19, 2012 8:34 pm
Before you look at the amount of butter in this dish let me be the first to tell you this is definitely one of those meals reserved for special occasions when you feel like cheating a little. So with that said of course this dish is yummy! I am a huge fan of any type of seafood and I grew up with my dad making fish all the time. So this is a family favorite! Best served with garlic bread so you can dip it in the extra sauce on your plate. You can thank me later.
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 pound linguine pasta
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound bay scallops
- 1 pound medium shrimp – peeled and deveined
- 1 (8 ounce) jar clam juice
- 1/3 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In a large skillet add the olive oil and butter. Heat until butter is melted. Add the garlic and saute until tender.
- Season with shrimp and scallops with salt & pepper. Add the scallops and shrimp to the pan. Cook until shrimp is pink, about 10 minutes. Add clam juice, salt and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes more.
- To the cooked pasta add the tomatoes, parsley and lemon zest, toss. Pour seafood mixture over the linguine, serve immediately.
Source URL: http://ninascookingjourney.com/seafood-linguine-with-sun-dried-tomatoes/