Roasted Vegetable Lasagna
by Nina | August 19, 2012 8:35 pm
I recommend chopping and mincing all of your ingredients before you begin cooking to cut down on prep time. This way everything will be ready for you to use and you won’t have to stop along the way to cut vegetables or shred cheese.
2 medium sized zucchini (8 ounces each), trimmed and cut into 1/4 inch coins
2 medium sized summer squash (6 ounces each), trimmed and cut into 1/4 inch coins
2 large sweet red peppers, seeded and cut into 1/2 inch slices
1 large red onion, trimmed and cut into 1 inch wedges
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
8 ounces white mushrooms, cleaned and quartered
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons flour
2 3/4 cups milk
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 minced fresh parsley
2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
12 dried lasagna noodles
6 ounces Fontina cheese, shredded
2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Coat 2 large rimmed baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread zucchini, squash, red peppers and onion in a single layer on the prepared baking sheets; coat generously with the nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle vegetables with 1/2 teaspoon each of the salt and pepper. Roast at 425 degrees for 30 minutes, stirring halfway through, or until edges are browned. Remove from oven and transfer vegetables to a bowl.
- Pulse mushrooms in a food processor or dice with a knife until finely chopped. Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms to skillet. Cook, stirring for 6 minutes or until all liquid has evaporated. Reduce heat to medium; stir in garlic and remaining 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper; continue to cook 1 minute.
- Add butter to skillet and cook until melted. Add flour and cook 1 minute, stirring. Add milk and nutmeg to skillet and increase heat to medium-high. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove skillet from heat and stir in 2 tablespoons of the parsley and all the basil.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook noodles according to package instructions, about 9 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water and set aside.
- Coat a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Stir together Fontina and Parmesan. Spread 1/2 cup mushroom sauce into bottom of baking dish, then place 3 noodles in dish. Pour another 1/2 cup sauce over noodles, then sprinkle 1/3 of the vegetables and 1/2 cup of cheese mixture over sauce. Repeat layering twice. Top with three noodles, pour the rest of the sauce over top and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Cover dish with nonstick aluminum foil and bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes. Raise heat to 500 degrees, remove foil and cook for another 12 minutes or until browned. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons parsley and let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Source URL: http://ninascookingjourney.com/roasted-vegetable-lasagna/