Mixed greens, strawberry & goat cheese salad
by Nina | August 19, 2012 8:40 pm
This is hands down one of the best salads I’ve tasted. Sweet and refreshing, just in time for Spring!
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 small red onion, grated
- 1 1/2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh mixed greens, washed and torn into pieces
- 1 can hearts of palm, drained and chopped
- 2 cups strawberries, stemmed and sliced
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 6 ounces goat cheese, cold
- For the dressing, combine the vinegar, sugar, lemon juice, and salt in a small non-reactive saucepan and heat over medium heat until the sugar dissolves, stirring frequently. Make sure not to let the dressing boil.
- Remove pan from heat and let cool to room temperature. When cooled, whisk in the oil, onion, poppy seeds, dry mustard and paprika until thoroughly combined. Set dressing aside.
- In a salad bowl, combine the mixed greens, hearts of palm, strawberries, walnuts and goat cheese. When ready to serve, add some of the dressing, and toss gently. Serve the remaining dressing alongside the salad so diners may add more, if desired.
Source: inspriration from Paula Deen (http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/spinach-strawberry-and-hearts-of-palm-salad-recipe/index.html)
Source URL: http://ninascookingjourney.com/mixed-green-strawberry-goat-cheese-salad/