by Nina | August 19, 2012 1:04 am
I love blueberry muffins but never considered making them for myself…weird I know! So I woke up this morning and decided today was the day I finally learned how. I found this very simple recipe on Allrecipes.com and they came out perfectly. This recipe should only take about 15 mins to prep so it’s ideal for a quick morning meal. Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.
- To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.
Source URL: http://ninascookingjourney.com/blueberry-muffins/